Friday, March 5, 2010

The New Age Bikini Cleanse

Considering the upcoming bikini season is just around the corner, I considered doing the Lemonade Cleanse. A friend was singing its praise, even though the rational part of my brain was rejecting the pseudo-scientific explanation. I even went so far to purchase a bag full of lemons.


Enter stage right, stomach bug "gastroenteritis"... Thank you kindergarten kids....


With the little tykes, there is no controlling the germs that infest every area of your home, no matter what a clean freak you are. The whole family is down for the count.


Two weeks later and a handful of sleepless nights hugging the can and I can forget the lemonade cleanse. My get in shape "diet" has just been given an advance green light. My bikini body has been given a kick start. Not only have I enjoyed the benefits, but so has my husband who was unwilling to suffer through the lemonade cleanse with me. I'm sure I'll have the energy to get back on the elliptical machine next week. There is the silver lining....


I was thinking about a unikini, as recommended by my good friend Kathleen, but unfortunately, I was only able to find one for my hubby. Not sure he will agree to this.



2 comments:

  1. Oh Barb!! That's hilarious.....A little "gastro" cleanse is always dependable to shed the body of water retention and perhaps a few extra pounds....Fortunatley for you, you experienced this diet before your departure where most pick it up while away in a foreign country.

    yeah, that Monokini wasn't exactly what I had in mind ;-) And that model keeping a straight face...amazing!

    ReplyDelete